purchase an Audio Caller ID license you receive free upgrades for 1 year from the
date of your purchase. If you would like to use a version released
after 1 year you may upgrade at a reduced
rate. The release dates for each version are shown below.
You can download an older version
for your license.
August 31, 2016 version 4.4:
- Added options to launch a task based on an incoming call.
You can define both a global task and also caller specific tasks to
run. Supports keyword insertion in the command line argument.
Helpful for automating other tasks based on incoming phone calls.
- Added support for sending emails through SMTP mail servers
requiring TLS connections. Now supports SSL, TLS, or no
- Built with the latest compiler/libraries for improved speed,
reliability, and security
January 15, 2016 version 4.3:
- Updated for Windows 10 compatibility
March 12, 2015 version 4.2:
- Improved reliability of setup program
- Improved ability to read in license key when extra line feeds
December 2, 2014 version 4.1:
- Updated for Windows 8 compatibility
- Updated links in program to all use HTTPS instead of HTTP
- Updated to current OpenSSL library for improved security when
sending email via SSL
- Fixed issue of Sound Recorder not coming up when recording a new
alias sound under 64 bit versions of Windows
- Bug fix: When specifying multiple comma delimited recipients for
email and using SSL the email would fail
- Bug fix: In some cases sending an email could cause the program
October 19, 2011 version 4.0:
- Added ability to display a picture for each incoming caller.
To display a picture, assign picture as an alias property.
- Added ability to select multiple calls from the main call log.
Allows for deleting or copying multiple calls at once.
- Aliases can now be imported from either a tab delimited text
file or a vCard file. Picture importing is supported as well.
- Aliases can now be exported to a tab delimited text file
- Alias list allows multiple selection so multiple aliases can be
deleted at once
- Improved main call log list view so that drag/drop re-ordering
preference is memorized. You can also right mouse click on the
list view column header and choose "Customize..." to re-order the
- Wildcard characters supported in email list, just like in
blocked call list. Useful for matching on certain area codes
November 28, 2009 version 3.0:
- Updated for Windows 7 compatibility
- Added option to block all calls except those listed in your
blocked list. With this option selected your blocked call list
is treated as a "whitelist", where only those callers are allowed
- Added more user controllability over timing of when a blocked
call hangs up. See "File / Options... / Blocked Calls".
Specify the number of seconds before hanging up. Also choose
whether timer starts immediately or after call completion.
- Accessibility improvement: Keyboard focus returned to calling
Options dialog when child dialogs were opened
- Bug fix: Program could crash in some cases when modem received
invalid caller information
April 24, 2009 version 2.4:
- Added support for recording sound clips under Vista. Used
for alias assignments that play a sound clip.
- Support sound clip formats .WAV, .MP3, and .WMA for alias
assignment. Previously, only .WAV files could be used.
- Accessibility improvement: Added keyboard shortcut (Tab) to move
keyboard focus to the call log list view
November 21, 2008 version 2.3:
- Improved memory usage
- Added ability to choose which list view columns to display (View
/ List Columns...)
- Added new optional fields for the list view:
- Total Calls
Recent Calls (See "File / Options... / Options" to define
- Prior Call
- Latest Call
- Added support for sending email using a secure connection (SSL)
- Improved task tray icon. If Windows Explorer crashes, the
task tray icon will be re-added.
March 19, 2008 version 2.2:
- Added new e-mail merge fields for inserting phone number in
- Program's data files are stored when changes made instead of at
program exit. Attempting to eliminate corrupted data files on
- Fixed issue with sending SMTP email under Vista when User
Account Control (UAC) was turned on
January 27, 2008 version 2.1:
- Added menu command "Call / Remove Duplicates" to delete older
duplicate calls. Leaves only the most recent call from each
unique caller in the log.
- Hovering mouse over task tray icon displays information on the
most recent new calls
- Updated for Windows Vista:
- All log and data files are now
stored in the user's Application Data folder, instead of the
program's installation folder
- Corrected display issues
with list view sort arrow and flickering status bar
compatible program (manifested to run with permissions of invoker)
Updated installation program
- Added advanced registry option to control number of seconds to
wait before hanging up the line after blocking a call. For
instructions, see "File / Options / Block Calls / Help".
October 31, 2006 version 2.0:
- Customize the default announcement text. Announcement text
can include any text and the caller name, number, and time.
See "File / Options... / Audio / Announcement...".
- Option to repeat announcement specified number of times, with an
- Option to display incoming call information in balloon tool tip
in task tray
- Email notifications can now be sent to multiple recipients by
separating each address with a comma
- Alias list can now be sorted by either displayed column
- Added "Mark All Calls As Old" to task tray menu
- Online help updated and available in modern format
- New installation program
May 2, 2006
- When a new call is displayed in the call log the entry is always
scrolled into view
- New option to suppress errors when publishing call log to the
web (File / Options... / Publish)
- Allows more than one instance of the program to be running at
- Added option to not wait for all call information before
announcing (File / Options... / Options)
March 23, 2005
- Improved reliability of option that brings window to the
foreground when a call comes in
July 8, 2004
January 31, 2004 version 1.3:
- Fixed a problem when sending e-mail
to some SMTP servers
October 25, 2003
- Added support for sending email
notifications directly to SMTP server
- Remembers list view column widths
from session to session
- Bug fix: WAV aliases were not always
properly matching name/number fields
August 3, 2003 version 1.1:
- Added support for
older modem drivers (TAPI 1.4)
- Bug fix: When dialing
outside US, could use incorrect country code
February 23, 2003 version 1.0