purchase an Active To-Do List license you receive free upgrades for 1 year from the
date of your purchase. If you would like to use a version released
after 1 year you may upgrade at a reduced
rate. To find your purchase date look in Active To-Do List under
"Help / About...". The release dates for each version are shown
below. You can download an older version
for your license.
August 14, 2018 version 5.0:
- Added color options as new task properties under the new "Display" tab in the task editor. Can set foreground and background colors to be used in the List view.
- Added color options as new category properties. Use category colors to assign all tasks within the same category a consistent set of colors. Can set foreground and background colors to be used in the List view.
- When accessing recent task lists under the "File / Recent" menu the full path of highlighted list is shown in status bar. Makes it easier to help find the desired task list you want to open, and know the folder location of that file.
June 2, 2016 version 4.3:
- Updated for Windows 10 compatibility
- Added support for sending email alarms through SMTP mail servers
that require TLS encryption (previously only supported SSL)
- Built with latest compiler for improved performance and security
- Add keyboard shortcuts for menu commands "Edit / Increase/Decrease
- Fixed issue where "Help / Contents…" would not display initial
March 9, 2015 version 4.2:
- Fixed small memory leak upon program exit
- Improved reliability of reading license keys. Some email
clients were inserting extra carriage returns in the middle of the
license, causing problems entering license.
- Improved reliability of installation program
November 17, 2014 version 4.1:
(For licensing purposes the release date
of 4.1 remains the same as version 4.0 (November 11, 2014) since this
release is strictly a maintenance release.)
- Bug fix: License key could sometimes be incorrectly rejected
November 11, 2014 version 4.0:
- Updated for Windows 8 compatibility
- Updated SMTP module for sending email reminders via SSL
- Updated website links to use HTTPS instead of HTTP
- Bug fix: E-mail reminders to multiple recipients would fail when
using a mail server that required SSL
April 19, 2011 version 3.0:
- New option to encrypt and password protect to-do lists. New
option saves data in an encrypted format, making Active To-Do List
suitable for storing private information. Uses industrial
strength AES encryption. See "File / Options... / Privacy" to
- Added option to color code list view text by due status.
Past due tasks are displayed in red, and tasks due today are displayed
in green. Tasks without a due date, or that are due in the
future are displayed in the default text color. See "File /
Options... / Display / Color Code Due and Past Due Tasks".
- Added new date filtering option "Due Upcoming". Displays
tasks having a due date within a specified number of days from now.
Enter any desired number of days to view upcoming tasks.
November 23, 2009 version 2.1:
- Increased maximum size of task tray's tooltip text
November 20, 2009 version 2.0:
- Updated for Windows 7 compatibility
- Added support for using Vista/7 "Default Programs" to associate
Active To-Do List with *.tdl files
- Added "File / Properties..." command to view information on
currently open to-do list file
- Added support for sending email reminders through an SMTP server
requiring an SSL (secure) connection
- Improved task tray icon robustness
- Improved application robustness (built using secure C run-time
library to prevent any possible buffer overflows)
- Manifested as a Vista and Windows 7 compatible program
September 3, 2008 version 1.4:
- Updated Print Preview for Vista compatibility
May 12, 2008 version 1.3:
- Windows Vista compatibility improvements:
- List view sort
arrow was being shown in all columns instead of only sorting column
Status bar would "flicker"
- Print Preview did not work under
- Accessibility improvements:
- Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut copies selected text when focus is
in Notes window, selects entire tasks otherwise.
keyboard shortcut can paste text into Notes window when it has the
focus and text data is on the clipboard. Otherwise, it can
be used to paste entire task(s).
- Ctrl+Tab moves keyboard
focus between the Task List and Notes windows.
- Fixed tab
order in task alarm popup window. Can also now use the Enter
key to dismiss dialog.
February 7, 2007 version 1.2:
- Added 2 new fields that can be displayed in the List view: Days
Until and Unique ID#. See "View / List
- Bug fix:
- In some cases "weekly" repeating tasks would not repeat in
the proper week
May 2, 2006 version 1.1:
- Added option to display notes with "word wrap". See "File /
Options... / Options".
- Bug fixes:
- Task list was not automatically refreshing when the date
- Sorting task list by "Alarm Time" was sorting
alphabetically instead of by date/time
November 1, 2005 version 1.0 Initial Release