purchase a Handy license you receive free updates for 1 year from the
date of your purchase. If you would like to use a version released
after 1 year you may upgrade at a reduced
rate. To find your purchase date look in Handy under "Help /
About...". The release dates for each version are shown below.
You can download an older version
for your license.
July 7, 2021 version 9.9:
- Fixed issue with the Google Sync Add-on
July 3, 2021 version 9.8:
- Reliability and status update improvements to the Google Sync Add-on
- The Open and Save dialog boxes were not always displaying the new explorer style
June 29, 2021 version 9.7:
- Updated the Google Sync Add-on to utilize Google's newer "People API" instead of the "Contacts API" which is being phased out by Google.
Please note, the first time you do a sync with this new version your web browser will open up and Google will prompt you to give Handy permission to access your contacts.
April 15, 2021 version 9.6:
- Changed the action when double clicking on regular, non-hyperlinked text in the Details windows.
Now, when double clicking on regular text the word is selected.
If you double click on an empty area, the contact is opened in the address editor.
Previously the address editor was always opened when double clicking on regular text.
This change is designed to make it easier to copy text out of the Details windows.
- Improved the formatting of non-US addresses
- Added links to the "About..." and "Register..." dialog boxes to make upgrading an old license easier
- Updated Google Sync library to latest version
October 23, 2020 version 9.5:
- Added the option to choose the size for dialog boxes throughout the program. See "File / Options... / Options / Dialog Boxes Size" to choose between Standard, Large, or X-Large.
December 18, 2019 version 9.4:
- Improved the "Insert File Link..." feature to support spaces in paths or filenames
December 12, 2019 version 9.3:
- Added ability to link a contact to any number of files in the Notes section. Can be useful to associate files with a contact, and easily access these files. To insert a file link, right mouse click on the Notes and choose the new "Insert File Link..." command. To quickly open this file in the associated app, double click on the link in the Notes section.
- Added BOOKFILENAME_NOEXT as another optional field to include in headers/footers of print jobs. This field prints the filename of the address book, without the .abk extension, for a cleaner look on printouts.
- Improved importing from vcard files for greater compatibility
- Updated JSON library to latest version for syncing with Google
February 20, 2019 version 9.2:
- Added option to choose different alphabet filter button sizes. See "File / Options... / Options / Alphabet Filter Button Size". Button sizes can be <Automatic>, Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Very Large.
- Added popup menu when right mouse clicking on alphabet bar to customize options
February 15, 2019 version 9.1:
- Added support for high resolution (DPI) displays, so the display is always crips/clear for any resolution. Previously the window could be scaled by Windows when the display scale was >100%, causing a blurred appearance.
- Added option to choose different toolbar button sizes. See "File / Options... / Toolbar / Button Size". Button sizes can be <Automatic>, Tiny, Small, Medium, or Large.
- Added new "File / Save As..." menu command to make it easier to save a book to a new filename
- Updated quality of displayed images throughout the program for improved appearance
- Updated Google API library to latest version for syncing with Google
- Made it easier to view and assign your location information in Windows. Handy uses your country and area code for defaults when creating new contacts, formatting phone numbers, and for dialing. See "File / Options... / Options / Default Country/Area Code" to view or change your location. Also added ability to set the location from the startup warning dialog that is displayed if you don't have a location defined in Windows.
- Improved toolbar display in Print Preview window, so it doesn't flicker when scrolling through pages
- Added product release date in About... dialog
- Dropped support for XP and Vista. Supported versions of Windows are 7, 8, and 10.
June 5, 2018 version 9.0:
- Improved the toolbar by making it user-adjustable. You can now add/remove buttons for a variety of commonly used commands. You can also control the appearance of the button, including whether text labels are shown on the buttons. Right mouse click on the toolbar and choose "Customize..." or select "File / Options... / Toolbar".
- Increased number of custom fields from 4 to 8. 8 are available in a local book, or in a shared book when using Handy Address Book Server 4.0 or later.
- Google sync improvement: Allow duplicate group/labels on Google's end. Previously sync would fail if there were any duplicate group names.
- Improved several dialog displays to include the icon in title bar for better association/appearance (Find, Category Filter, and View List Columns dialogs)
- Improved vCard support. Both importing and exporting of vCards (VCF file) support categories now.
- Improved error message when opening a file of un-supported version to display information about version in use, etc to be more clear
- Bug fix: Changing open book was not re-drawing list column labels to honor new book's custom label names (File / Options... / Labels)
- Bug fix: If you printed and chose to print "Specified Page(s):" the program could hang in some cases
August 7, 2017 version 8.3:
- Made several of the dialog boxes re-sizable. This includes
the Find, Category Filter, and List View Columns dialog boxes.
Makes using these dialogs easier.
- Improved reading of license key. Licenses sent by email
can become mangled, and this fix makes entering the license key more
- Bug fix: Program could crash upon startup
January 23, 2017 version 8.2:
- Built with latest compiler for improved security/speed
- Improved Google Sync reliability (Google "Invalid updated-min
- Improved error reporting for failed MAPI email send
- Fixed issue where some dialogs would be sized incorrectly, and
thus cropped on certain systems
May 6, 2016 version 8.1:
- Print Preview window shows the current page number being
previewed, as well as the total number of pages in the print job
when displaying multi-page print jobs
- Added an option to print an image to the left of the return
address on envelopes. See "File / Page Setup / Envelope Style...
/ Return Address / Image..." to enable this option and choose an
image file to display.
- Updated toolbar icons for more modern look (both main window and
print preview toolbars)
- Updated the program's icon for more modern look and support for
- Improved Google Sync reliability
- Program speed improvements
- Added a "Clockwise" rotation option for the envelope feed method
when feeding envelope from the narrow end. See "File / Page
Setup / Envelope Style... / Feed Method". Previously rotation
always was counter clockwise. User has control now.
- Changed Google Maps to open with HTTPS instead of HTTP
- Removed icons from Options... dialog
- Fixed envelope printing issue that could cause return address
cropping when printing with the "Printer Requires Paper Size Exactly
Match Envelope Size" option checked
- Fixed issue with right mouse menu sometimes coming up
incorrectly, or more than once
- Removed Yahoo as an option for map server, no longer works.
July 31, 2015 version 8.0:
- Updated for Windows 10. Supported operating systems now
include Windows XP through Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit).
May 27, 2015 version 7.7:
- Update for Google Sync feature required for a change with Google
contacts. Removed "password" authentication method. Must
now use the "access code" method. See "File / Options... /
Sync" to obtain and set up an access code.
- Fixed problem where the main window could sometimes start off
March 7, 2015 version 7.6:
- Bug fix: "Booklet" and "Small Book" printing styles could
sometimes omit a line at the end of a column when printing without
- Improved reliability of the installation program
November 25, 2014 version 7.5:
- Bug fix: License key would not be remembered when running in
November 22, 2014 version 7.4:
- Added current "Age" for both the "Birthday" and "Anniversary"
dates in the Details view and Details printout. Actual dates
are also still shown, just added current age to display.
- When selecting to print "Specified Pages", value defaults to
"1", instead of blank, which isn't a valid entry
October 13, 2014 version 7.3:
- Added "Advanced" mode to allow customizing text on labels and
delivery address for envelopes. Advanced mode allows typing
any text and inserting fields anywhere in the text. Allows for
having multiple fields on the same line. Prior method is still
available also, and called the "Simple" mode.
- Added a new option on the Print dialog to specify which pages to
print. Choose to print a particular page, multiple pages
separated by commas, or a page range separated by a dash.
Convenient when you only need to print certain pages, and not the
whole job again.
- Updated website links to all use HTTPS
- Added "Copy" button to the call log dialog to copy the full call
log to the clipboard in a tab delimited format
- Google Sync improvement: Added support for authenticating with
your Google account via "Access Code". Offers improved
security, as only permissions necessary for syncing with contacts is
granted, and it is not necessary to enter your Google password.
Authentication method is an option, so you can use either Access
Code or your Google password. When using the new Access Code
authentication method you no longer need to leave "Access for less
secure apps" enabled in your Google account's security settings.
(sync module 9)
- Added ability to sync the Web Page Address field in Handy with
the URL on Google contacts. Syncs with the "Home Page" URL in
Google contacts. (sync module 9)
May 1, 2014 version 7.2:
- Added ability to add any image to printed labels
- Added support for printing contact's photo in the Details print
style. Image size is determined by resolution stored.
See the "Advanced..." button when setting a contact's photo to adjust
the stored resolution.
- Improved .ABK import such that category definitions are also
- In "Booklet" and "Small Book" print styles, if both the
"Default" address/email/phone and the specific field assigned as the
default were selected for printing, the same field would be printed
twice. Changed this so it now only prints once.
- Accessibility improvement: Added keyboard shortcuts for
dialing phone numbers and Skype address ("Actions / Dial Phone" menu
- Updated Google sync to be more robust to server retry requests.
(sync module 8)
- Sync module would crash if it is run when there is no network
connection. Now fails gracefully, reporting an error message.
(sync module 8)
- Improved error handling when syncing with Google and login
fails. More helpful error message than previously shown. (sync
- Remember user's preference on photo image resolution.
Previously was always defaulting to 256 x 256, and not remembering
user's set preference between sessions.
February 5, 2013 version 7.1:
- Bug fix: Updating contact's photo on Google would not sync photo
to Handy in some cases
- Changed Google sync so that when a contact's photo cannot be
retrieved due to a server error the sync continues on instead of
aborting. The contact photo remains un-changed in this case,
and the log file reports details on the error.
January 30, 2013 version 7.0:
- Added picture support. An optional picture can be assigned
for each contact. Picture display size and location can be
customized in the Details Display options dialog. Contact's
picture syncs with Google when using the
Google Sync add-on.
- Updated for Windows 8 compatibility
- The Google Sync version is now shown in "Help / About..."
- Google Sync Bug fix: Displaying an error about duplicate group
names on Google would cause the sync operation to abort before
giving this error message
- Google Sync Bug fix: Sync could sometimes fail when the user's
long date format in Window's regional settings was set to an unusual
August 6, 2012 version 6.0:
- Added support for Skype. Can dial any phone number using
Skype (or any program that supports the CALLTO protocol). Use
"File / Options... / Modems" and select "Use CALLTO Protocol (e.g.,
Skype)" to enable Skype dialing. Renamed ICQ field to "Skype
Name" on the "Details" page of the address editor. Skype
dialing can dial any regular phone number or a Skype name. (more
- Updated the .NET client library for the Google Sync feature
(version 2.1, was previously 1.6)
- Improved labeling of phone number fields for better clarity when
printing the Booklet or Small Booklet styles with "Compact" format.
Labels now include first letter of each word of the field's label.
Previously only the first letter of the whole field label was used.
- Limited the maximum number of characters allowed to be typed
into the phone fields to the maximum phone length
- Changed the minimum list view height to 2 rows. Previously
you could re-size the list view down to height of 0 pixels, which
could cause confusion.
- Bug fix: Syncing a contact to Google that only contained white
space would cause an error
- Bug fix (temporary): When syncing with Google and more than 25
contacts were modified in Google, and you live in a time zone with a
positive offset from UTC, the sync would fail. The temporary
work-around enables up to 300 modified contacts. A permanent
fix will require a future update from Google to the .NET client
- Corrected mailing address in online help
September 4, 2011 version 5.5:
- Added new search option to control whether current selected
addresses are kept or cleared between subsequent searches. In
the "Find Addresses" dialog, press the "..." options button and see
"Clear Selected Addresses Between Searches".
- Improved Google sync window so that if Handy is hidden, the sync
window is also hidden. Prevents sync window from appearing
while Handy is hidden.
- Improved vCard importing support. Added support for
reading property grouped items.
- Bug fix: Opening a server book could cause an error message in
- Bug fix: Notes changed directly in Details window could not be
saved if a Google sync happened while editing
March 9, 2011 version 5.4:
- Fixed compatibility issue with Windows 7 SP1 that caused the
tray icon to not always display
September 7, 2010 version 5.3:
- Changed list view sort on Birthday and Anniversary to sort by
month/day only, not year/month/day. Makes it more useful for
finding upcoming events in the current year.
- Bug fix: Details printing of multiple pages of notes with word
wrap on could sometimes truncate the notes
- Bug fix: Program could crash when entering or importing a very
long 1 line address
- Bug fix: The drop-down menus in the Address Editor to select
address/email/phone types were not working when the Address Editor
was opened by right mouse clicking on a contact in the list view,
and choosing "Edit...".
August 27, 2010 version 5.2:
- Handy Address Book to Google Sync Improvements and Bug fixes:
- Added support for using extended ASCII characters.
Previously, only ASCII characters with values <= 127 were
- Fix: Non-XML compliant characters anywhere in a
contact would cause sync to fail
- Fix: Trying to update a
Google contact that has a Custom field with no label would fail
Fix: Option to "Automatically Sync Every X Minutes" was not
- Improved syncing algorithm to be faster
Improved error reporting to be more user friendly
August 21, 2010 version 5.1:
- Added support for synchronizing
your address book with your mobile phone and your Google
- Improved vCard importing support. Added support for
reading version 3.0 formatted vCard files.
- Added support for Ctrl+V shortcut to paste when editing notes
in the main details window
- Bug fix: Small Booklet print style was not honoring specified
booklet size. It was always printing the largest booklet
that would fit on the specified paper size.
- Bug fix: Editing notes in the main details window would lock
up the program when using a book on the
Handy Address Book
- Other minor improvements
April 23, 2010 version 5.0:
- Added new "Small Book" print style. Creates a compact
double sided, folded book suitable for carrying around in your
wallet or purse. The pocket book is made by printing both
sides of the paper in 2 passes, and then you cut the papers in
half, stack them all together, and fold. Handy walks you
through the process when printing. This new print style
offers flexible customization options, including which fields to
include in your book, fonts, formatting, and book size.
- New automatic backup feature. Backups can be made
automatically when the program exits. You can customize how
many backups to keep, and where to store them. See "File /
Options... / Backup".
- Notes for a contact can be edited directly in the main window.
The right hand side of the Details Window displays the notes, and
you can now edit them directly in this window. Previously
you had to open this contact up in the address editor to make
changes. This feature can be enabled/disabled under "File /
Options... / Options".
- When using the Find Addresses command the search text will be
highlighted in the Details Windows. Options are available to
enable/disable this highlighting, the highlight color, and whether
or not the highlighting remains persistent until the next search.
When the highlighting is set to be persistent, the search text of
newly selected contacts continues to be highlighted as you change
to any other selected contact. See the new "..." button in
the Find Addresses dialog to adjust these options.
- New options to have the E-mail commands only copy the
address(es) to the clipboard. Intended to be used with web
based e-mail accounts. Most web based e-mail accounts do not
support Simple MAPI, so e-mails cannot be originated from Handy
Address Book. Using this new option allows you to easily
copy/paste the e-mail addresses when composing a new e-mail.
See "File / Options... / E-mail" for these new options.
Copying can either include the display name or not, and you can
also optionally have a dialog display the details of what has been
copied to the clipboard.
- New "Compact Format" option for the Booklet print style.
When this option is used any phone numbers are printed on the
right hand side, instead of on their own lines. Helps reduce
vertical space used, making the book more compact.
- When adding a new contact that would not be displayed due to
current alphabet or category filters, these filters are
automatically turned off so that the just entered new contact can
- Importing of a file that is currently opened for edit in
another application is now supported. Previously any file
being imported could not be open in another application at the
- Improved importing from a custom CSV or TXT file. Import
mapping choices made while importing a CSV or TXT file are
remembered from your most recent import. Importing another
file with the same fields will cause the field mappings to default
to what you used during your last import.
- Significant speed improvements in exiting the program while
using "Portable Mode".
- Accessibility improvement: Added support for the context
key to bring up the right mouse menus. In addition to the
context key you can also use Shift + F10 to bring up the right
- Bug fix: Return addresses for the envelope print style were
not being stored/recalled properly when running in portable mode.
February 18, 2010 version 4.6:
- Added new "Portable Mode" so Handy
Address Book can be run from a memory stick, allowing you to take
your address book(s) with you
- When an address book is highlighted under the "File / Recent"
menu, the full path to that book is displayed in the status bar
- Updated import template for Palm Desktop to support latest
version of that program
- Bug fix: List view column data could sometimes be
displayed in the wrong columns after re-ordering by drag and drop
December 9, 2009 version 4.5:
- Fixed issue where desktop and start menu shortcuts would not
display the program if it was already running hidden in the tray,
was started by the installation program, and the user had UAC
turned on. Issue specific to Vista and Windows 7.
October 26, 2009 version 4.4:
- Updated for Windows 7 compatibility
- Bug fix: Exporting a .ABK file from a server book would
export a corrupt book
- Bug fix: When opening a corrupt address book file, the
program would show an error, and then exit. Now, it stays
open so you can open a different book.
July 13, 2009 version 4.3:
- Increased default timeouts when communicating with Handy
Address Book Server
- Bug fix: Corrected problem when talking with
Address Book CGI
July 7, 2009 version 4.2:
- Added the ability to use commas, periods, and space characters
in the quick search feature (only when these do not start the
quick search string)
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem with the quick search feature that
was inadvertently broke with version 4.1 changes
July 7, 2009 version 4.1:
- Significant speed improvements, especially noticeable when
dealing with larger address books. Speed of list view
improved ~100X in some cases.
- Significantly improved speed of opening address books from the
Address Book Server. Speed improvements of up to 100X on
larger address books.
- Bug fix: Program could crash in some cases where a large
number (but not all) of categories were selected for display
February 2, 2009 version 4.0:
- Encrypt and password protect address books. New option
saves data in an encrypted format, making Handy Address Book
suitable for storing passwords and other sensitive information.
Uses industrial strength AES encryption. See "File /
Options... / Privacy" to enable.
- Added support for Vista x64 versions of Windows
- Added ability to put a "Title" on the List, Details, and
Booklet printouts. The title font, color, and contents can
all be customized. Specify the left/center/right title text
and optionally add in available fields like page number, book
- Added ability to customize footer text when printing List,
Details, and Booklet styles. New "..." button in the Page
Setup dialogs allows you to customize the left/center/right footer
text. Choose from a variety of available fields to insert,
such as the page number, book name, etc.
- Added capability to specify starting row and column when label
printing "displayed" or "selected" addresses. Previously you
could only specify the starting position when printing a single
- Added ability to define new, custom, envelope sizes. See
"File / Page Setup / Envelope Style... / Paper / Size / Custom
- User specified Delivery and Return address offset preferences
are now memorized separately for each envelope size
- Added new envelope printing option "Printer Requires Paper
Size Exactly Match Envelope Size" for printers with a paper size
sensor that will only print on exact envelope size specified.
See "File / Page Setup / Envelope Style...".
- Improved task tray icon robustness. If Windows Explorer
crashes, Handy will replace its icon back into the tray.
- Bug fixes:
- Selecting a large number of categories (but not all) for
display could cause the program to crash
- Importing from .ABK files when "Ignore Duplicates" was
selected was not properly filtering duplicates
- Publishing to web could cause program to crash under certain
September 3, 2008 version 3.9:
- Improved Page Setup dialogs
- Updated Print Preview feature for Vista
May 11, 2008 version 3.8:
- Updated for Vista SP1 compatibility (Print Preview
January 29, 2008 version 3.7:
(For licensing purposes the release date
of 3.7 remains the same as version 3.5 (November 30, 2007) since this
release is strictly a maintenance release.)
- Bug fix: In some cases when 'publishing' there could be a
permission problem writing temporary files when running under Vista
January 1, 2008 version 3.6:
(For licensing purposes the release date
of 3.6 remains the same as version 3.5 (November 30, 2007) since this
release is strictly a maintenance release.)
- Bug fix: Booklet printing with 1 column per page and page breaks
between alphabet groups would cause the program to hang
November 30, 2007 version 3.5:
- Added ability to specify fonts and colors for the main list view
under "File / Options... / List Display...". Colors
can be set independently between even and odd rows to help make
reading across a row easier.
- Added 'Templates' for saving and recalling multiple list view
settings. Save a new template by right mouse clicking on the
list view header. To restore a previously saved template right
mouse click on the list view header, and choose the template to
- Added option to customize which fields (and their order) are
displayed in the "Find" dialog. Right mouse click on the list
view in this dialog to customize.
- Bug fix: Print Preview or Print with Booklet style when there
was no address selected could crash the program
July 20, 2007 version 3.4:
- Added "File / Properties..." menu command to display various
information on the currently open address book. Also makes
finding and backing up the address book easier.
- Updated for Windows Vista. When opening address books
located in the Program Files area, address book is copied, and
opened from "Documents \ Handy Address Book" area instead. [more
- Installation program adds shortcut on desktop for easier access
- Increased size of allowed text in the "Notes" edit box in the
Address Editor from 32K to 1M (Win2K and later only)
- Improved address formatting for New Zealand addresses
July 10, 2007 version 3.3:
- Added printing options to insert a page break between alphabet
groups for the List, Details, and Booklet printing styles. See
Page Setup dialogs.
- Search results list improved so that multiple selections can be
made using Ctrl and Shift keys. Enables selecting multiple
search results in the main list view.
- Added keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + S) for selecting which
address/email/phone field is being edited in the Address Editor
- Changed default location for new user's address book from
installation folder to "My Documents \ Handy Address Book"
- Bug fix: "Browse..." buttons were not working under Windows 98
April 7, 2007 version 3.2:
- Bug fix - Program could crash when a contact had a category
assignment manually entered that had categories longer than 15
April 7, 2007 version 3.1:
- Updated for Windows Vista:
- Fixed several compatibility/display problems under Vista
- Added support for Vista's "Default Programs" feature. Use
Default Programs to assign Handy to be the default program for
vCards (*.vcf) and Handy Address Book files (*.abk).
- Handy is now supported on Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003,
- Improved note printing by adding optional word wrap. When
"File / Options... / Options / Word Wrap Notes" option is on, notes
longer than one line will be word wrapped when printing Booklet and
- Bug fixes:
- Program could crash when importing certain files
When a contact was assigned to a single category, the category
assignment could not be removed using the "Categories..." dialog
December 8, 2006 version 3.0:
- New "Booklet" printing style
- Printing option to print all, only even, or only odd pages.
Helpful for doing 2 sided printing.
- Printing option to print multiple copies at once
- Ability to define your own custom labels for printing
- Option to choose which fields are printed with the envelope
- Store multiple return addresses for the envelope printing style
- Export field order and selection status are now memorized and
initialized as defaults for subsequent exports
- Minor bug fixes and online help updates
July 20, 2006 version 2.2:
- Word Wrap option for the Notes
field in the address editor and in the details view
- Alphabet filter option to filter
on Name, Company, or either one
- New installation program
- Improved import wizard by displaying a progress bar during
- Minor bug fixes and online help updates
September 24, 2005 version 2.1:
- Removed option to overwrite an
address book that couldn't be opened because it was created with a
future version of Handy. (Attempting to help prevent
accidental data loss.)
- Improved appearance of installation
- Bug fixes:
- When using
address books the "File / New..." command was not initiating a
logon, so if you weren't already logged on the shared option was
- Program could crash under some
publishing to the web
July 31, 2005 version 2.0:
- Networkable (shared) address books.
You can now optionally share address books among multiple users.
Assign varying levels of permissions for different users. Each
user can have None, View, Add, Edit, or Admin permissions. In
order to share address books you must be using the new Handy Server.
This is an optional separate program, that also enables you to work with your
address books using a web browser. You can have full access to
your address books through either Handy or a web browser when using
the Handy Server. For more information on how to share address
books visit the
Address Book Server web site, read an
or jump straight to the
- Added support for
as a map server. See "File / Options.. / Maps" to choose your
desired map server.
- Label printing improvements:
- Added option to specify offset from left edge. Useful for
labels that have decorations.
- Customize which fields, and
their order, are printed on the labels.
- Added a "Call Log" to track called
numbers. See "Actions / Dial Phone / View Call Log...".
- The number of selected and displayed
addresses is shown in the status bar.
- List view font is now
user-adjustable. Right mouse click on the list, and choose "List
- When text is selected in the Details
window the copy command copies the selected text instead of the
- Added right mouse menu to Notes/Web
fields in the Address Editor for Cut, Copy, Paste, and Select All.
- Added option to automatically
disconnect modem after X seconds when making a phone call.
- Added "Prevent Splitting Address
Across A Page" option for the "Details" printing style.
- Categories are now stored within
each address book, rather than globally for all address books.
- Improved appearance; uses Windows XP
themes for display when available.
- Added the following choices for
display in the List view or for List printing:
- Default Street
- Business Street
- Other Street
- Home City
- Business City
- Default State/Province
- Home State/Province
- Other State/Province
Default ZIP/Postal Code
- Home ZIP/Postal Code
Business ZIP/Postal Code
- Other ZIP/Postal Code
- Home Country/Region
- Other Country/Region
- Modified By
- Imported contacts without a
specified country/region default to user's own country instead of
- Bug fix: When using category
filtering the "Enter" key stopped working to bring up an address in
- Bug fix: Sometimes the "Paper
Source" combo box would not be initialized in the Page Setup
- Other minor improvements...
October 30, 2004 version 1.5:
- Bug fix: Program could crash when
editing the Speed Dial list.
- Bug fix: Selecting/Unselecting many
addresses could cause menus to disappear.
- Bug fix: When importing, the last
field on each line was getting imported with a carriage return.
June 30, 2004 version 1.4:
- Removed our email addresses from
documentation, replaced with link to online contact form:
www.beiley.com/contact.html. Attempting to address spam
- Address book files (*.abk) are
associated with Handy during install. Can now open an address
book file by just double clicking on it.
- Address book files can now be opened
from the command line.
- Bug fix: Program could crash when
exporting addresses with long notes.
- Bug fix: Program could crash when
displaying long notes in List.
- Bug fix: Names with commas wouldn't
stay as assigned to name pieces.
February 8, 2004 version 1.3:
- The Alphabet Bar now scrolls when
the window is too small to display the full alphabet.
- Added option to control behavior of
main window's "close" button. Choose between having program
hide to tray or exit. See "File / Options... / Options / Close
Button Hides Program To Tray".
- Customize field labels for Mailing
Addresses, Phone Numbers, E-mail, and the Custom fields. See "File /
Options... / Labels".
January 4, 2004 version 1.2:
- Bug Fix: List style printing would
skip addresses under some conditions.
- Bug Fix: Restart sometimes required
after entering registration password in order to enter >30
December 13, 2003 version 1.1:
- Improved error message when no
location is defined in Windows. Gives instructions to go into
Control Panel / Phone and Modem Options and create a new location.
December 1, 2003 version 1.0 Initial